Friday, January 7, 2011

So Thursday night was interesting...

I was awakened at 2:45am by pretty bad stomach pains...realized once I woke up a bit that it was contractions! And boy did they hurt! After having 7 or 8 in half an hour I got a little concerned and wanted to slow things down a bit, seeing as I am only 32 weeks along...

Our doula, Tonya, had suggested drinking a tall glass of water and taking a warm bath for about 40 mins. should I want to slow down contractions, so that's what I did. The contractions stopped and I was able to sink back into bed and enjoyed the best, deepest sleep I've had all pregnancy!

I called Tonya in the morning to let her know what had happened and see what she thought. She was a bit concerned about preterm labor, so while I'm not on bedrest, I am now very limited in what I'm allowed to do. Our main goal is to keep me from going into labor at least until 36 weeks, which is the earliest I'll be allowed to deliver at the Army hospital, since they don't have a NICU. If I go into labor before then it'll have to be at a Korean hospital, which would be fine, except they're C-section happy and I want to have a natural birth.

So, here's to taking it easy!! =) Let's hope our little girl doesn't get any more impatient to meet Mommy and Daddy!
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment