At week 37, our pregnancy is considered full-term, meaning baby is likely to thrive after birth. Baby spends these last weeks in preparation for the outside world...meaning careful refinement of the blink, suck, inhale and exhale. Meconium, which we'll probably find in the first diaper, is accumulating in the intestines. If (okay, as) we worry about giving birth, consider what it's like for the little one. During the journey out of my womb, baby will produce more stress hormones than any other time in life.Taken from: www.pregnant.thebump.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-tools/slideshow/how-big-is-baby.aspx?page=23
I never knew that fact about the stress hormones! That makes me a little sad...but I know they soon forget and live a great life of eating, sleeping, pooping and snuggles, so the little bit of stress is well worth it. :)
ReplyDeleteI didn't know it either! I feel bad for my little baby! But yeah, definitely looking forward to all the cuddles and such of having her here, so she'll just have to deal. ;)
ReplyDelete