Still recovering from childbirth/surgery. It's taking longer than I thought it would, and supposedly I'm only half-way there. Patience is apparently a virtue but personally, I think it's overrated. Again, so glad to have Mom here. I'm seriously not looking forward to having to do everything on my own, but I know by the time Mom and Dad and Mama Lisa leave I should be pretty close to completely healed (I HOPE!!) so maybe it won't be as bad as I'm picturing it to be...
The lesson I am (still) in the middle of learning is to take this one step at a time. While pregnant, I was learning to take it one week at a time - staying in awe of what was happening to me and my baby instead of just yearning for her arrival and therefore missing out on the beauty of the moment I was in. Before going into labor, I was learning to take it one day at a time, as I waited for my (late!) baby girl to come out and play. During labor, I was learning to take it one contraction at a time - to focus on what was happening in the moment, be it hard work or relaxation - and not dwelling on the pain of the past or dreading the pain of the future. During these first few weeks of motherhood I am learning to take it one feeding, one nap, one day at a time - soreness, exhaustion and emotional unstability seem to have combined into the perfect storm. Once again, thank God for Mom, who is taking the midnight feedings from me so I can now get a good 6 hours of sleep per night!! It's AMAZING what a little extra sleep can do for one's physical and emotional wellbeing...who knew?? ;)
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. And thank you, thank you, Lord, for this beautiful, precious baby girl you have blessed me with. She is such a treasured gift and I cherish her immensely...
No comments:
Post a Comment