Thursday, May 12, 2011

Guess who's two?!




Months, that is. =)




We took Kathy in for her two month check-up and she passed with flying colors. All the nurses and Dr.'s commented about "all that hair". That's our girl! She weighed in at a whopping 13.2 lbs. (99 percentile for her age group) and measured 24.6 inches (100 percentile for her age group). She also had so get two shots while we were there, one in each thigh poor little thing. She cried a good one at first but was quickly and easily comforted by Mommy (made me feel great - Ha! =). I really was very proud of her though - she was so brave. My little girl isn't so little anymore! But she still is, I know. Everything is relative.



Speaking of relatives..........







We had a wonderful time having Grandma and Granddad and then Grammy visit over the past 3 months! It was soooo nice to have so much help and support during the very beginings of parenthood. I understand what a huge commitment of time and money it was for them, and I want to be clear how much we appreciated them coming all this way to love us and our little girl.


Though admittedly, there was a collective sigh of relief when we got home from the airport for the last time, walked through the doors of our house and realized it was just us - just the three of us - for the rest of our time here in Korea. ;) The company was good while it lasted, and I'm so very very thankful for it, but it's good to learn how to be our own little family now too. =)






Kathy is a very happy, easy going baby girl with lots and lots of smiles, coos and squeals for Mommy and Daddy. She wants to giggle sooooooo badly but hasn't quite figured out how just yet. She has the biggest, brightest eyes that shine with delight when carrying on a conversation with one of us. She is a kick-and-wiggle machine and has almost discovered that her hands are hers, although she has learned how to use them to bat at and hold onto the toys on her play mat. She loves to listen to music and be read to and sung to as well. She is just as much of a cuddle-bug as her Mommy is, which is just SO wonderful, I might add. =) I am so thankful for our precious little girl!!!! xoxox




No comments:

Post a Comment