Monday, March 29, 2010

My favorite thing about President Obama

Just finished our taxes...so free, so quick, so easy! We only have to file 1 federal and 1 state this year!!! And we get to use H&R Block online for free because we're in the military!! They were awesome. Highly recommend them, BTW. (And we're getting quiet a hefty refund - Cha-ching! =) This may seem normal to most, but being in the military, doing taxes is a nightmare...and I actually truly enjoy doing my own taxes.

See, last year I had to create a married filing jointly federal return that we actually filed. Then, because state taxes take information from federal forms, I had to create 2 married filing separately federal forms that we didn't actually file, but just used to input information onto our separate state forms. (Tally is 3 federal forms so far, for those losing count.)

Then I had to file two separate state forms - one for Joe in PA, because that is where he enlisted in the Army - and one for me in VA, because that is where we were living at the time.

Soooo, I had to do 5 tax forms last year, but only file 3. Annoying is an understatement.

But, check out http://www.journalofaccountancy.com/Web/20092342.htm to see how our President made tax season SOOOOOO much easier for military families! Yay!!! =)

xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment