Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Coming Home
Just wanted to let you all know that, at Joe's suggestion, Kathy and I will be flying home early to mid November so we can get extra time with family and friends while he does all the dirty work of moving back to the states. (Yes, you're right. I DO have an amazingly sweet and thoughtful husband! =) Joe will fly home as soon as he's done working and wrapping up all the loose ends, which should probably be mid to late December, but hopefully definitely before Christmas. We'll be staying in MD at Mom and Dad's for about a month I think, and then we'll be taking a road trip across the states to our new duty station at Ft. Lewis, WA. (Just a side note, I have approval to fly solo so there should be no problem with that, and as of this post we are "projected" to be stationed at Ft. Lewis but don't have orders yet, so technically that's not final, but it basically is. =) Now not to be a Debbie Downer, but I just wanted to make it clear so we're all on the same page here. If you want to see us, you're going to have to come to us. We're choosing to take leave in between duty stations to come home and see everyone, so don't get the wrong idea - we do really want to see you and spend time with you - but we're not driving up and down the east coast to visit you. We're flying in from across the globe...you gotta meet us half-way here. ;) See you in Maryland!! xoxox
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Woohoo! Glad we will definitely get to see you and Kathy for a while :) Not sure I will be flying in 2012--two is one thing, but three kiddos is another! So excited to hear you will be here for a nice long visit!
ReplyDeleteAnd Joe is the bestest for suggesting this plan :) Can't wait to hold your little, um, big girl!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hold you - hug you - love you again! And to see that baby girl of yours!! Joe is a real sweetheart for allowing you to come so early. Just so he knows, we're looking forward to seeing him, too!!! :)
ReplyDelete