Saturday, June 16, 2012

(Hopefully) Final Update!

Well I went to the Dr. on Tuesday and got another ultrasound done. The last time we looked you could see the hemorrhage as this big dark circle in between the uterus and the placenta, a little smaller than the baby. This time, the only darkness was a small line in between the uterus and the placenta - the hemorrhage had just about completely disappeared within a week!!

I asked the Dr. if she thought I helped alleviate the bleeding by resting so much over the weekend and if I should continue doing so, but she said with the intense bleeding I'd had right before I began to really take it easy, it seemed like I'd already bled it all out, so I can go back to pretty much normal life. I do have a few restrictions, but nothing I can't easily handle.

Also, I can't remember if I explained why this happens, so I will again, just in case. Basically for whatever reason, when my egg implanted into the uterus it tore away a little bit and started a bleed, and that just continued and built up over time. There's no known reason why that happens, and there's nothing I did to cause it or could've done differently to avoid it. So that was comforting, that at least it wasn't my fault. Though scary that there's no way to avoid it either...

Thank you all so so so so so much for your prayers and support throughout this whole affair. It has been a seriously emotional time for us but I am so glad it seems to be over and has ended in the best way possible. God is so good...xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment