Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Update

In a nutshell, mostly good news, still a little graphic. Keep praying, please.

Well, I had more cramping Monday night and then Tuesday woke up with my panties covered in blood. Went to the OBGYN and they did another pelvic exam and an ultrasound. Got to see our precious baby again and it is still doing fine - great heartbeat and moving all around. They did find out that my cervix is still closed, so that's a good sign, but I do have a subchorionic hemorrhage, which means I am bleeding in between my placenta and uterus. I don't remember how big they said the clot was. But they said to just take it easy and come back in a week and they'll do another ultrasound to see how it's doing, because usually these things resolve on their own. I will either bleed it out or my body will reabsorb it. I had more cramping and bleeding last night and again this morning. I'm not bleeding as much as I was on Sunday or Monday though, so I'm guessing that's a good thing.

From the research I've done it seems like this is fairly common, and only about 30% of SCH end in miscarriage. So I guess those are good odds. Though they did say that that risk increases with the increase in maternal age, size of the clot, and gestational length. They said it is worse to have this happen late in the first trimester and early in the second (which is right where I am - just passed into the second trimester this week) as opposed to early in the first. They said when it happens at that point in the pregnancy, the risk of the clot causing the placenta to detach from the uterus and therefore cause a spontaneous abortion is much greater. So that was not very comforting, but what can you do? I've been reading a lot of baby sites too, finding encouragement from lots of comments from other moms who have gone through this. Most of them did not have a miscarriage and said bed rest and staying hydrated was what got them through, so that is what I am going to do. I obviously can't go on full bed rest, but I am not going to be doing anything extra that isn't absolutely necessary.

So please continue praying that everything will work out and that the baby and I will stay healthy and strong. Please also pray for continued peace. I have felt more at peace than I expected, and I am assuming that is because of all of your prayers, so thank you for those. I really appreciate them.
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment